Founded in 2008. Discontinued service in 2015.
- The City of Kansas City, Missouri, sub consultant to HNTB Corp., Services:
Kansas City Transit Oversight and Assistance. 2013/2014
- The University of Kansas, Transportation Research Institute
(KU-TRI) Projects: State of Kansas Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan 2012/2013 and KC Area Transportation Institute feasibility
- City of Independence, Missouri - public transit and job access planning and fund raising. 2008
Network, Richmond Virginia - fostering non profit collaborations, Mobile, Alabama 2008
- Smalley Community Planning
LLC created MyRide KC: a computer based mobility management prototype. 2009
Instructor, The University of Kansas,
Edwards Campus, Professional Science Master
of Environmental Assessment program, Currently teaching the NEPA Environmental Assessments class.
School of Architecture, Design and Planning.
Urban Planning department. Have taught numerous classes and served as project manager for the following students projects:
- Regional Park and Ride Lot
Study, Kansas City Metropolitan Area, Client: Kansas Department of Transportation. 2013
- Access to Food
Study, Douglas County, Kansas, Client: Douglas County, Kansas 2013
- Rock Island Corridor, Trail and
Transit Considerations, Creating Sustainable Places Initiative, Client: Mid America Regional
Council. MARC 2012
- K-7 Corridor Multimodal Study, Client: Kansas Department of Transportation. 2011
High Occupancy Vehicle Lane and Traffic Management study, Kansas City area. Mid America Regional Council,
- Wichita Travels Regional Transit plan, Client: Wichita Transit, May 2010 (Winner
of the KS APA Best Student Team Project Award)
- Complete Streets Study, Lawrence,
Kansas. May 2010
Regional transit coordinator, Mid-America Regional Council, MARC, 1999-2006. Developed regional proposal for
transit services, funding and governance.
planner, HNTB Corp. Kansas City, Missouri 1991-1998.
Light rail planning for Kansas City's Southtown corridor, and major national highway corridor studies. Project
manager for environmental assessment - under the National Environmental Policy Act NEPA.
Project manager, Building projects (Downtown Transit Center and maintenance/office building) , planning and
grant writing. Kansas City Area Transportation Authority KCATA. 1984-1990.
Grant writing and management resulting in over $55 million in transit funds for the Kansas
City metropolitan area.
Marcy Smalley, President
Master of Urban
5815 Fontana Drive, Fairway, Kansas 66205
Committee, Kansas Leadership Center, Konza KC leadership program. 2012 - 2013
- American Institute of
Certified Planners AICP 1996-2011
- Advisor and past President, Board of Directors, City Motion Dance Theatre Inc.
Current, Kansas City, Missouri